Walang Pasok: Work and Class cancellations for January 17, 2020 (Friday)
(Manila, Philippines) – Several Schools, Colleges and Universities in Metro Manila and CALABARZON announced class suspension due to the effects of Taal Volcano Eruption. Here is a list of schools and areas where classes have been suspended for Friday, January 17, due to the Taal Volcano eruption.
Walang Pasok Updates: Enero 17, 2020 Biyernes
(As of 7:01am, January 16, 2020) Here’s an updated list of schools that canceled classes/work on Jan 17:
- Cavite Province – all levels, public and private
- Binan City – all levels, public and private
Schools, Colleges, and Universities
Department of Education (DepEd) Class Suspension Guideline:
- DepEd Calls on parents to determine whether their children should go to school during typhoons, floods and other calamities in the absence of official announcements from DepEd.
- In the absence of storm signal warnings, LGU are expected to announce whole day class cancellations not later than 4:30AM or half-day class suspensions not later than 11:00AM.
- Storm signal warning declared by PAGASA between 10:00pm and 4:30AM reflect the whole day cancellation of classes in appropriate levels in the affected areas.
- Storm signal warnings declared by PAGASA by 11:00AM automatically suspend the same day’s afternoon classes in appropriate levels in the affected areas.
*Suspension of classes for the tertiary level (colleges and universities) will be at the discretion of school management.
Flight Cancellations in the Philippines
(We are still waiting for flight updates from Philippine Airlines, Cebu Pacific, and AirAsia Philippines.)
Weather Updates: Some Classes for January 17, 2020, have been canceled in some areas due to the eruption of Taal Volcano.
Keep refreshing this page for more #WalangPasok updates.
Bookmark us, like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and subscribe to our feeds to get the latest updates on class suspensions.