#WalangPasok: Work and Class cancellations for November 15, 2019 (Friday)
(Manila, Philippines) – Several Local Government Units and Schools in the Philippines have suspended classes and government work on Friday, November 15, 2019, due to inclement weather brought about by Tropical Storm Ramon (Kalmaegi).
Walang Pasok Updates: Nobyembre 15, Biyernes
(As of 4:01pm, Nov 14, 2019) Here’s an updated list of towns, cities, and schools that canceled classes/work on Friday:
- Quirino Province — All levels (Public and Private) (source)
- Isabela Province — All levels (Public and Private) (source)
Philippine Weather Tropical Storm Ramon Updates
Weather Update by PAGASA Issued at 11:00 AM, 14, Nov 2019
Tropical Storm RAMON MAINTAINS ITS STRENGTH WHILE MOVING NORTH-NORTHWESTWARD.
- Today, light to moderate with intermittent heavy rains will be experienced over Bicol Region, Quezon, and the eastern portions of Isabela and Cagayan.
- Tomorrow, light to moderate with occasional heavy rains may be experienced over the eastern portion of Cagayan and Isabela. Light to moderate with intermittent heavy rains over Apayao, Quirino, Northern Aurora and the rest of Cagayan and Isabela.
- Residents in the aforementioned areas, especially those living in areas identified to be highly or very highly susceptible to flooding and rain-induced landslides, are advised to take precautionary measures, coordinate with local disaster risk reduction and management offices, and continue monitoring for updates, especially the Thunderstorm or Rainfall Advisories and Heavy Rainfall Warnings to be issued by PAGASA Regional Services Divisions.
- Sea travel is risky, especially for small sea crafts, over the seaboards of areas under TCWS, the seaboards of Northern Luzon, and the eastern seaboards of Aurora and Quezon due to prevailing or forecast rough sea conditions.
Location of Eye/center
At 10:00 AM today, the center of Tropical Storm “RAMON” was estimated based on all available data at 290 km East Northeast of Virac, Catanduanes or 410 km East of Daet, Camarines Norte (14.6 °N, 126.7 °E )
Philippine Weather Condition Forecast
- 24 Hour (Tomorrow morning): 285 km East of Baler, Aurora(15.6°N, 124.2°E)
- 48 Hour (Saturday morning):170 km East of Casiguran, Aurora(16.0°N, 123.7°E)’
- 72 Hour (Sunday morning): In the vicinity of San Mariano, Isabela(17°N, 122°E)
- 96 Hour (Monday morning):45 km West Southwest of Laoag City, Ilocos Norte(18.0°N, 120.2°E)
- 120 Hour (Tuesday morning):210 km West of Sinait, Ilocos Sur(17.5°N, 118.4°E)
|Place||Weather Condition||Caused By||Impacts|
|Bicol Region and Polillo Island||Rains with Gusty winds||TS -RAMON-||Possible flash floods or landslides due to scattered moderate to at times heavy rains|
|Cagayan Valley, CALABARZON, Eastern Visayas, and the provinces of Apayao, Aurora, Mindoro, Marinduque, Romblon, Aklan, Antique, and Capiz||Cloudy skies with scattered rainshowers and thunderstorms||TS -RAMON-||Possible flash floods or landslides during severe thunderstorms|
|Metro Manila and the rest of Luzon||Cloudy skies with light rains||Northeast Monsoon||No Significant impact|
|The rest of the country||Partly cloudy to cloudy skies with isolated rainshowers||Localized Thunderstorms||Possible flash floods or landslides during severe thunderstorms|
Department of Education (DepEd) Class Suspension Guideline:
*Suspension of classes for the tertiary level (colleges and universities) will be at the discretion of school management.
Flight Cancellations in the Philippines
(We are still waiting for flight updates from Philippine Airlines, Cebu Pacific, and AirAsia Philippines.)
Weather Updates: Some Classes for Friday, November 15, 2019, have been canceled in some areas due to nationwide inclement weather conditions.
Keep refreshing this page for more #WalangPasok updates.
Bookmark us, like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and subscribe to our feeds to get the latest updates on class suspensions.